The last thing I’m going to post/reblog about this issue.
If only more people on tumblr actually believed this. Some of them do, but they don’t act like it.
I see a few issues with this:
1) This implies that there are only two genders, thereby adhering to the gender binary, when in fact, gender is NOT binary. When you consider the fact that feminism has had issues with cissexism and transphobia, it’s a bit problematic.
2) Women* have a right to be angry when our rights are still being up for debate in 20 fucking 13.
3) Perhaps I’m reading this the wrong way, but it seems to me as if this has an anti-misandry tone AKA watering down feminism to make it more palatable to men. See, feminism isn’t really meant to cater to (cis) men and their feelings because lucky for them, we live in a patriarchy that already does that.
4) “Playing nice” as the drawing seems to promote, while nice in theory, doesn’t really translate well in practice. Nobody’s rights were ever won by the oppressed being nice to their oppressors.
5) Feminism isn’t about equality. Yes, it’s a part of it. But feminism is about dismantling the kyriarchy, and liberating and giving justice to women*.